You may think that a box is just a box, but having the right kinds of boxes for your specific moving or storage needs will make packing easier as well as protect your belongings. Remember when packing each storage box that it should not weigh more than 50 pounds or it will be too difficult to move. Here is a list of boxes and their recommended uses:
- 1.5 cubic foot boxes can be used for packing kitchen items, small appliances, or books. It can be useful to pack heavier items in a smaller box because it keeps you from over packing it and making it too heavy.
- 3.0 cubic foot boxes are good for clothing, pots, and pans, as well as electronic items.
- 6.0 cubic foot boxes should be used for lighter items such as pillows, linens, or cushions. Be careful not to overstuff this box because it can get heavy quickly. Read the rest »
When moving or storing breakable items that are expensive or have sentimental value, such as crystal glassware or wedding china, it can be especially important to make sure they stay safe. Here are some tips for packing such items:
- Use dish boxes. These boxes are made of stronger, thicker cardboard and are made to protect your dishes.
- Use paper to individually wrap each item. You can use newspaper for this job, but you will have to wash every dish when you unpack it. To avoid this, use white packing paper. For glasses and dishes, crumple one sheet of paper inside the open end and use additional paper to wrap the entire item. Double wrap especially fragile items like crystal stemware. For plates, stack same size plates with at least two layers of paper in between and then wrap the entire stack with paper. Read the rest »
Let’s face it, sometimes things simply pile up – literally. The average household accumulates so many things, from furniture to clothing and from wine to collector’s items, that sometimes, there just isn’t any more room at the apartment or house, or even in the garage, for them. One option is to live in clutter and not even realize what you have anymore. Another would be to liquidate items that may have sentimental value. The last, and best, option is to find a Pasadena storage facility located close to your residence.
Below is a checklist for what you may want to look for in a storage facility to have easy, convenient storage in terms of accessibility and high quality that is affordable: Read the rest »
Preserving the quality of wine is essential if you are going to store it for an extended length of time, especially during a move when the wine will have to meet up with you later!
One important aspect of how to store wine effectively is to keep corked wine bottles on their sides to prevent the corks from drying out. If a bottle of wine is kept standing up for an extended period of time, corks can dry out and air will make its way into the bottle, increasing the chances that the wine you sought out, invested in, and saved, could spoil and become undrinkable. Read the rest »