Moving can be an exciting time in a person’s life. It can also be one of the most stressful. Wrapping your brain around how all of your possessions will be packed in boxes and transported from point A to point B is enough to make anyone go crazy. Fortunately, though, it doesn’t have to be this way.
At STORBOX, we are a self-storage company located in Pasadena, and we interact with customers every day who are making major changes in their lives when moving. Many of our clients find that storage helps limit their stress during moving since the process often doesn’t need to happen all at once. We even offer clients the option of placing their wines in our wine storage until the wine storage at the new house is ready.
Every individual’s or family’s situation is different when they move. However, some major points to help limit the stress of moving include:
- Plan ahead
- Set a timeline for packing, move-date
- Research most reliable and affordable moving truck rentals or moving companies
- Evaluate the benefits of storage
- Measure the dimensions of your larger items in relation to dimensions in your new residence
- Be sure you have the appropriate supplies for moving items and preventing damage
- Itemize your possessions and pack based on room location, weight, and size
- Consider the importance of recycling and donating items to charity when getting rid of certain possessions during your move
Although there is a lot to remember and keep track of during your move, don’t forget to have fun as you plan for a new beginning!
For information about our move-in specials at STORBOX, call 626-793-9888. We are a Pasadena self-storage company located just off the 210 freeway, making it easy for people throughout Pasadena, Altadena, Glendale, and Arcadia to access our storage facilities.