Let’s face it, moving is a pain. While we all enjoy moving to a location or space that is more amenable to our needs, getting there isn’t always so pleasant. There’s finding a convenient day for the move, finding a qualified mover to transport the large items, and enlisting friends and relatives to help.
Among the foibles you should avoid include:
- Not knowing what type or size of moving vehicle the movers will show up with. You don’t want a mover to arrive in a standard pickup truck if you’re moving a piano, refrigerator, other appliances, and large furniture.
- Not finding out if the mover’s vehicle will fit into the driveway or alleyway of your new residence, or if it will fit into your self storage facility’s access space.
- Not giving the movers correct unloading instructions. Telling the movers where to put the items they unload can prevent quite a few headaches down the road.
- Having enough storage space. If you’re moving your possessions to a storage facility, make sure the space you’ve rented is adequate to accommodate the items you intend to store.
- Not visiting the storage facility on the day and time you intend on moving. Weekends and other times can be overly crowded at storage facilities, and you want to avoid those instances.
STORBOX Self Storage in Pasadena has been serving San Gabriel Valley residents for over 15 years. The members of our staff are experienced and knowledgeable about all aspects of moving and storage.
Call us today at (626) 407-3439 with any questions you may have. We’re located at 2233 East Foothill Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107.