It’s autumn and a chill is in the air. Actually, daytime temperatures in the Los Angeles area are still over 90 . . . but, rest assured, winter will arrive. And it will bring chilly weather, rain, and even snow in the mountains. Soon it’ll be time to pack away your shorts and sandals and break out the cardigan and wool socks.
To make sure your summer clothes are in good shape when take them out of storage next year, you may want to consider the following tips:
- Clean your clothing first.You don’t want to allow stains and odors to sink in and damage your clothes.
- Use clean, plastic containers.This will keep bugs and dust from damaging your apparel.
- Use cedar blocks in place of mothballs. Mothballs can be poisonous to pets and children.
- Don’t hang everything.Stretchy clothes like sweaters and other knitted items can lose their shape if hung for too long.
- Hang with care.On clothing that you do hang, cover it with some sort of breathable, loose material. This will prevent from dust, mold, and mildew.
- Choose a clean, cool, dark, and dry place.This will also help prevent mold, mildew, and colors from fading.
- Clearly label containers and boxes.Suppose you decide to spend a week or so in Florida or Hawaii. Labeling will allow you to find exactly what you need for your trip without having to dig through everything.
STORBOX Self Storage in Pasadena has 60 differently sized and reasonably priced storage units to choose from, including climate-controlled units. We have 32 surveillance cameras to monitor our facility and perform routine safety checks.
Stop by and see us at 2233 East Foothill Blvd. in Pasadena, CA 91107 or give us a call at (626) 407-3439.
Winter is on its way. Be ready.