America is a mobile society and we tend to have a lot of possessions. Considering this, it’s no wonder the self storage industry is one of the fastest growing in the nation. The self storage industry rakes in more than $24 billion a year. Unfortunately, not all self storage facilities are safe, reputable, and worth the costs they charge.
The Better Business Bureau has received almost 3,000 complaints about self storage companies over the last few years. The Bureau has some tips about how to choose a good facility. Among their recommendations are:
- Consider the facility’s reputation and how long they’ve been in operation. Yelp can be a good resource for this.
- Ask friends and acquaintances about their personal experiences with the facility.
- Get price quotes from nearby facilities.
- Find out if the facility belongs to any professional organizations, such as the Self Storage Association (SSA).
- Make sure the facility is insured for fire, theft, and any other type of damage.
If you value your possessions, there are many questions you should ask of a potential self storage facility. STORBOX Self Storage in Pasadena has been serving San Gabriel Valley residents for 15 years and enjoys a stellar reputation. We offer a variety of storage spaces at reasonable prices, including climate controlled rooms.
Call us today at (626) 407-3439 or visit us at 2233 East Foothill Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107.