As we go through our lives, moving from here to there and from living alone to living with roommate to living with your own family, we accumulate many possessions; be it furniture, clothing, artwork, or little knick-knacks. These possessions often become more than just things. They are memories and histories of other times, other people and/or other places that you want to hold on to, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But there comes a time when your treasured belongings make life more difficult. If you observe the following signs, it may be time to get a storage unit:
- There are more than five lamps in every room;
- There are so many end tables and/or coffee tables that you can’t move freely through the room;
- Your closet is so full that you have to drape clothing on chairs;
- You can’t have company over because your dining room table also functions as a desk;
- There are boxes all over the floor;
- Dinnerware is piled on kitchen counters;
- Bookshelves are overflowing;
- Your office has unused computers on the floor;
- You can’t move around to find anything stored in your garage/basement/attic;
- You use your oven for extra storage;
- You start noticing musty odors;
- You use a bathtub or shower for storage; and
- There are random pieces of furniture in the middle of the room that have not moved for months.
If you have noticed a match between your lifestyle and any of the above need storage signs, then it may be time to start looking into some storing alternatives if you are not ready to have a garage sale. At STORBOX, our self-storage facility in Pasadena has a variety of storage unit types to fit your needs, including drive-up, climate controlled, auto storage, and wine storage. We also have 75 unique storage unit sizes that you may choose from to find the perfect fit. And the best part is that you can visit your storage unit 7 days a week, whenever you feel like adding, subtracting, or just taking a trip down memory lane.