It’s that time of year again, when your kids go back to school and you are left at home, alone, with many hours to fill. For most, if not all, of our readers, your kids went back to school a couple weeks ago (if you have kids in the Pasadena Unified School District, that is). You went through the whole rigmarole to get your child or children prepared for this school year and have now jumped back into the yearly routine of drop the kids off, go home, kill time, and then pick the kids up. But what to do with that time at home?
Of course, there are always certain things to do at home and errands to run, but you may find yourself stuck at home with large chunks of time where you’re actively trying to think of things to do. At STORBOX, we may just be a self-storage facility, but we have some great ideas for what you can do in between dropping off your kids in the morning and picking them up in the afternoon. Here is a short list we put together; feel free to pick and choose those activities which suit you:
- Take a nap.
- Devote at least 30 minutes to reading.
- Organize the closet.
- Hope for the weather to finally cool down (come on summer, really? It’s almost fall, accept it.).
- De-clutter the home office.
- See how long you can last without the air conditioning turned on.
- Make a list of any furniture you don’t want anymore.
- Get a box or bag going for items to donate.
- Find where all of your fall and winter holiday decorations are.
- Plan out holiday events (hey, it’s never too early to start).
- Hide your kid’s favorite toy or game in their room and tell them they have to clean it to find it.
- Learn a new skill.
No matter how you end up spending your time as a stay-at-home parent, we want you to know that we are here if you need us. While at home, you may find that you have a lot of “stuff” that is not really being used and that is taking up valuable space in your house or apartment. If that is the case, why not rent a small storage unit at STORBOX? You can even just keep it in the unit until you figure out what to do with it. All we know is less clutter = less stress.
If you think self-storage may be just the ticket, give us a call for more information at (626) 793-9888.