You may think that a box is just a box, but having the right kinds of boxes for your specific moving or storage needs will make packing easier as well as protect your belongings. Remember when packing each storage box that it should not weigh more than 50 pounds or it will be too difficult to move. Here is a list of boxes and their recommended uses:
- 1.5 cubic foot boxes can be used for packing kitchen items, small appliances, or books. It can be useful to pack heavier items in a smaller box because it keeps you from over packing it and making it too heavy.
- 3.0 cubic foot boxes are good for clothing, pots, and pans, as well as electronic items.
- 6.0 cubic foot boxes should be used for lighter items such as pillows, linens, or cushions. Be careful not to overstuff this box because it can get heavy quickly.
- A hanging wardrobe box is useful for moving special clothes that you prefer not to fold. Remember that these boxes are heavy and take up a lot of space, so you probably don’t want to pack all your clothes using a wardrobe box. These boxes can also be used to move chandeliers or art pieces that are better to move hanging than flat.
- Picture/mirror boxes can be put together to fit your specific item. Use bubble wrap around pictures or mirrors before packing them.
- Dish boxes are the ideal way to pack dishware because they are designed to help protect breakable items. Wrap each piece carefully with packing paper.
At STORBOX, our Arcadia self-storage facility has boxes of every size and type available for purchase. We also carry specialty boxes like wardrobe boxes and boxes for packing glasses, dishes, mirrors/pictures, and wine. Call STORBOX at 626-793-9888 to get everything you need.