It would be wonderful to live in the world of Mary Poppins or Harry Potter where one bag could hold a full-size coat-rack, a whole wardrobe, or piles of books and a small tent could be the size of a house on the inside, but, alas, that is not our world.
If you’re thinking it may be time to get a self-storage unit, whether you want it for personal use or business, you need to figure out which size unit would be best for your stuff. At a self-storage facility like STORBOX, we have a variety of unit sizes that you can choose from and we’d, of course, be happy to help you figure out which size works best, but here is a general guide for what unit size fits what (all measurements in feet):
- 5 X 5 – Think of it as a regular closet. You can probably fit clothes, some boxes, and even small furniture.
- 5 X 10 – This is a small walk-in closet. A few pieces of (smaller) furniture, box-spring and mattress, clothes, boxes, and other small items.
- 7.5 X 10 – Now this is the walk-in closet you dreamed about. You can fit the same stuff as above, but a bit more of it.
- 10 X 10 – This is about half of a one-car garage … which you may be using for storage anyway. This is a good amount of space. You can fit a basic one-bedroom apartment with major appliances.<./li>
- 10 X 15 – About two-thirds of that one-car garage. In here, you can fit a basic two-bedroom apartment or house (with major appliances), boxes, and other items. Not bad for business inventory.
- 10 X 20 – You got the one-car garage! A three-bedroom house, including appliances and lots of boxes. This space is good for business inventory too.
- 10 X 30 – The size of a typical two-car garage. Here we have a four-bedroom house, including appliances, plus room for a bunch of boxes. This is also good for business file storage, equipment, and inventory.
Want more information? Feel free to contact our Pasadena self-storage facility! Our friendly and professional staff will be more than happy to work with you to find the best unit for you.