Being “green” is becoming an important goal for more and more people and businesses around the world. While some are fine with just using reusable shopping bags at the grocery store or requiring employees to use reusable cups at the water cooler, others want to be green in as many ways as possible. In this two-part blog series, we will explore the different ways you can be green when storing, as well as the different ways self-storage companies are going/can go green.
You’ve got the reusable shopping bags, you don’t use electricity for at least one day a month, you collect rainwater in buckets to use for watering your garden during the dryness of SoCal’s desert summer, and you limit your showers to 10 minutes; what more can you do? Fortunately, there are many things related to storing and storage that can help you increase your level of green living. Here are some handy tips from Green Building Pro:
- Decrease clutter by storing things you are not using now, but want to save for later or for others;
- Donate unwanted items to charity;
- Use alternatives to cardboard when possible, or save and reuse good containers and/or boxes;
- Store anything you can reuse or recycle. Being wasteful is the opposite of being green;
- Store electronic waste, such as computers and other electronic equipment, that are no longer usable and then take to a recycling center; and
- Encourage reuse of your unwanted items by holding a self-storage unit garage sale.
Being green is a truly worthy goal, but to be green while storing needs a storage unit. At STORBOX, the highest-rated self-storage facility in the San Gabriel Valley, we are committed to helping customers find the perfect storage unit to suit their needs. Call us today to learn more at (626) 793-9888, and don’t forget to check back in next week for the next installment of our blog series!