As the seasons change, we may find our living spaces crowded with things we won’t be using for a while. These could be holiday decorations, seasonal clothes, or sports equipment. Of course, you don’t want to get rid of your snowboarding equipment just because summer is on the way, or sell your water skies when autumn arrives. But, you also don’t want your house, garage, or apartment over-cluttered with things you aren’t going to need for months.
The answer, of course, is renting a secure and quality storage space.
While we want our out-of-season sporting equipment out of our way, we also want it to be in good and usable condition when we need it again. Here are some tips for easy and space-conscious sporting goods storage:
- Hang it To conserve space, hang things that aren’t too heavy. Bikes, kayaks, and other bulky items can be hung on hooks or ropes from the ceiling.
- Shelve it Shelving items allows you to conserve space without stacking. Stacking can damage certain items if the item on top is heavier. Stacking also allows for air circulation between items. This prevents mold and mildew.
- Wrap it If you think that an item might be damaged by dust or humidity, cover it with a breathable fabric.
- Label it If you’re storing things in unrecognizable boxes, label those boxes. If you do this, you won’t have to spend an entire future Saturday on a treasure hunt to find what you’re looking for.
- Drain it Anything that contains gas, kerosene, or other flammable or combustible substances should be drained before being stored. This includes dirt bikes, jet skis, camping stoves, etc.
- Protect it To keep moths, ants, and other pesky critters from harming your equipment, it’s a good idea to store mothballs or dryer sheets with anything made of fabric.
For more storage advice, call STORBOX Self Storage in Pasadena at (626) 407-3439.
We have a secure and clean facility that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley for years. We offer different-sized units at reasonable prices. We also offer climate-controlled units for wine and other temperature-sensitive items.
You can visit our facility at 2233 East Foothill Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107.